Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Slave to Fashion or Fashion Victim?

One of my favorite articles from 2008: "Are you a Fashion Victim?" from men.style.com. This article particularly stood out to me because I think it applies to everyone, no matter what year it was written in (worth reading!). The article starts off with: "Blindly adopting every trend will turn you into a punch line, not a player."

I could not agree more! Some people can get away with wearing certain things (Kanye West pulling off those shutter sunglasses), but when everyone else starts applying these trendy things to their dailywear, they become fashion victims. When it comes to trends, the first thing people should consider is "can I take this trend and apply it to my personal style?" as opposed to blindly following them.

No comments: